An apprenticeship is a good way to start a rewarding career in a skilled craft or trade.
You can earn a salary while gaining marketable skills. An apprenticeship program:
- Is for anyone interested in learning a skilled craft or trade.
- Is a structured, formal way to gain skills on the job.
- Is always paid.
- Combines on-the-job training with classroom instruction.
In Minnesota, there are two types of state-approved apprenticeship programs:
- Registered apprenticeship for all Minnesotans age 16 or older
- Youth apprenticeship for high school juniors and seniors
Use the apprenticeship search tool to identify registered apprenticeship sponsors in any region of the state. Or find current apprenticeship openings at MinnesotaWorks. (Note: You must be registered on MinnesotaWorks and be logged in to view apprenticeship openings.) Make sure you are aware of your legal rights.