Business, Management, and Administration
Do you enjoy working with other people? Do you like to plan and organize activities?
Business, management, and administrative workers give the support needed to make a business run. You might check employee time records or train new employees. Or, you might work as a top executive and provide the overall direction for a company or department.
There are many types of jobs at all levels. For example, you might manage the financial activities of a business, direct the public to specific people or departments, or record incoming and outgoing shipments.
There are many hobbies and activities you could explore to learn more about business, management, and administration. Try one or more of these activities:
- DECA (Marketing association)
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Junior Achievement
- Student Council
- Boy or Girl Scouts
- Lead a volunteer community group.
- Get elected as a class officer.
- Captain a sports team.
- Help manage a fundraiser.
- Join a committee to plan an event.
- Start a business.
- Read business newspapers, magazines, or blogs for current economic trends and business practices.
- Job shadow a local business person.
- Volunteer in the business office of a nonprofit agency or with the Chamber of Commerce.